Sunday, March 6, 2011

A.R.T.W.A.L.K


Art Walk  ]
Yup, I got all fancy with the title lol! One of the albums that are long overdue and barely posting it now. Well, today is my day off, actually my only day off in a week. Most of my time of days are either in school or at work so my time hasn't been flexible compared to the previous semester. So bare with me with a slow catching up with these long overdue photos hihi. ^^,

Anyhow, I've been wanting to go to Art Walk for the longest time. So during my winter break, I asked the bf if we could go since my other fellow illustration classmates are going as well. He also found out the food truck he so wanted to try was going to be there! He's excited for the food while I'm excited for the arts and.... shopping! lol =P

One of the street performers and we really like the type of music they're playing!

Trippy isn't it? When I looked inside, it's so creepy yet fascinating at the same time hehe.


I love this triptych piece! And the way the scales of the mermaids were done was C L E AN!

Behind me were artworks from students in Art Center College of Design and among them was a piece done by my professor!(the pink one =P) He graduated from there and now teaches there as well. He also used this particular piece as a demo in one of our project for his class: etching project. He brought the metal plate for this artwork and it was amazing seeing all the details he did on it. O_O

One of the artworks I really love from the artwalk was from the artist, Mikolaj Wyszynski. I like his style and the way he colors his works.

Other cool stuff on the walls in the Bang Pop Up Gallery:


{ Screen Printing }
In the Bang pop up Gallery (inside of an old bank) I saw this area of Screen Printing. I wanted to buy one shirt but, I didn't bring enough money with me. Some are expensize and I thought to myself, I could do one for myself in campus! (and it's going to be my own design!Hihihi ^^, ) This is one of my project in my upper division illustration class. I enjoy it just
some part of its process is tedious.


This place have variety of people selling their own things in there which I wish I had some extra with me at that time!! >_< (Although some are really expensive =/) I love the setting, imagine having this room as your bedroom? LOL! English 18th century style room with modern style furniture, ooh what a room haha! =P  

Hello light show! ^_^ It was interesting as its colors changes.

Another Contemporary pop art gallery we stumbled upon which was in the basement of a clothing store:
 



These pieces have some great quotes from the person that was on these pieces.

They set up a dance floor with a dj on the side playing some songs, calling people to dance with the music. One of the people who came up was this old man who has an energy of a teenage boy! Seriously!! He was dancing the night away with a young woman who has energetic as well. And.. they .. were.. a m a z i n g! >_<

Sorry for the blurred picture and here were the old man and the young woman, dancing amazingly!

[ Food Trucks ]
There were several parking lots which their spaces were dedicated for the food trucks for the event. There were tons of different food trucks but, my bf came for and only wanted this ONE food truck. This particular one was the Tapaboy truck. We had some tough time searching for it as it was our both first time attending this event. When we were about to give up, I asked him to check this one parking lot for the last time as it might have the food truck he was excited to try. And we found it! ^_^ Whew! My bf was so happy! haha!

Wow, brought some many childhood memories! ^_^ Seeing this made me miss Philippines terribly!

Got Tapa? haha! ^^,

Ooh la la! I heard one of the girl thought the sides were watermelon but, it was cucumbers. Haha I was giggling inside. ^__^
It also has Atchara on the side!! How I miss atchara! I remember how my group and I made this in my home economics class back in grade school, my teacher loved it, classmates and my family loved it so much. When I brought my share home, unfortunately, my family (especially my sister) loved it too much they finished most of it. I didn't get the chance to give some of my classmates haha! =P Oh well, family first!

Downtown buildings

I.. just.. can't.. help.. thinking this sounded sooo wrong! hahaha =P I think it's purposely done as another way to get attention or probably not. However, either way it's working haha!


On our way home, one last look of the downtown buildings up close. I'm still anticipating for a free time to go back there again and shoot some photos at night. Now that I finally got my DSLR, I've been wanting to do these series of photos I had in mind incorporating the downtown night settings. ^_^ Also, I want to go to the Walt Disney Concert Hall and MOCA (The Museum of Contemporary Art, Los Angeles) which is in Downtown LA as well. Definitely many more adventures to come!

[ Outfit details & shopping haul ] 

Outfit details:
Jacket: Lucky Brand Jeans
Dress: Forever 21
Sandals: Steve Madden
Bag: Zara
Necklace: Bakers

Along with the food trucks, I found this fashion truck. Cool huh? A fashion truck on the go! So I check it out and they sell vintage and other hand made stuff. Luckily I remembered I needed a purse for next week as my friends and I planned to go clubbing in Hollywood. The theme was white as it was a white party so when I saw this purse, I fell in love! ^_^ Then, I saw the glasses which I've been wanting to own one in that style and get it customized with prescription glasses. 
Free tote bag!

 
Purchased some calendar and art magazine from one of the gallery I went to.


Thanks for stopping by,
Lizzie


2 comments:

Bijou-inthe-fishbowl said...

Your blog is awesome! You have such an amazing eye! I love art and fashion, I'll definitely be reading more. Thanks for following my blog!

MADELINE said...

Hey! My boyfriend goes to Art Center!