Tuesday, March 9, 2010

24 hr Walmart haul and D.I.Y Brushes holder

Yes, I have to buy the Simpson Movie when I saw it! I love that movie hahaha! It was only $9!

Recently, we discovered that there was a 24 hour Walmart which is not a far distance to drive from where we live. So my bf, his sister, another friend & I just have to check it out (since we like to go out at night & sleep late, we have to find some place where it's open late). I was surprise there was one that is 24 hours and got all excited! hehehe and it's HUGE! O_O
The blush is gorgeous, it has this subtle baby pink and a noticeable shimmers. You know how some blushes, eventhough you see the shimmers but, when you apply it, it doesn't show much? This blush shows and I use it alternating with my Cargo bronzer/blush I got from Sephora. Since I'm pretty much tired of sort of coral color blush, I want to try some pink ones. The nail polishes are so cheap, they were, I believe, a dollar each? I'm not really sure but, anyway, I love the gray nail polish.
I've finally upgraded my make up storage! I used to put it in my hello kitty box (now it's a nail polish storage! ^_~). Since my interest in make up is growing lately, my collection does too haha! But, I don't usually put on make up much, not even in school, just when I'm going out. In school, all I do is moisturizer and lip balm. However, if I'm not lazy, I'll go ahead and put some powder, little bit of lipstick and gloss on top. Therefore, my make up collections are just small and simple. They're mostly drugstore brands and few high end brands.
One problem left is my Sephora special edition make-up palette I received from my sister as a christmas gift. I'm thinking of ways of storing it nicely since I'm contemplating whether to buy some coastal scents palettes in the future.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
D.I.Y Brush holder


Materials:
Inexpensive Glass bowl about $8?
Indoor plants' sands or stones $3-4 each
Plastic diamonds

As you can see, I had fun doing this DIY project. Instead of just having those tiny stones, I added some plastic diamonds to add some fun on my brush holder.(^_^) I've been wanting to do this, I thought it'll be fun decorating my own brush holder(Indeed, it turned out to be super fun). However, I never got around to do so since I thought to myself I don't have much brushes anyway. In addition, I don't often put on make up much.
But, our trip to the Walmart gave me that kick in the back to do the project finally. The materials are inexpensive anways.

My Vanity Area in my bedroom
.
Left photo: Make up and body essentials
Right photo: Nails and hair products
In the middle of these two is just a whole body mirror. Just sharing how I store some of my vanity items and hope some of you get inspired by it. If you're planning of making your own make up brush holder, it's great to check out Walmart & target for some inexpensive glass bowls. I saw some other people in youtube used some sort of huge ceramic candle holders as a brush holders since they usually have elegant designs on them.
I like the size of the glass bowl I've purchased since it's spacious and can fit so many brushes.
Having your things organized the way you would really enjoyed to see everytime you come in your bedroom will really help you to notice them. Especially for make-ups and accessories! ^_~

Well, that's it for now, hope everyone will have a wonderful day!

0 comments: