Monday, April 4, 2011

New frames & student art exhibition

{{ New Eye Candy }}

Wow, totally not intending to make it look like it's some sort of yearbook picture but, this photo does remind me of it! Haha! =P
The glasses I'm wearing will be my regular frames from now on. I've mentioned it in my previous blog before that I was thinking of turning it into one but, wasn't sure yet. Now I am! My regular glasses just broke out of the blue and it's a big nuisance.It sucks how I'm very dependent on my glasses especially for school and work! I'm near sighted so I needed it not only for taking notes but, for driving too! I don't drive much since my car broke down a long time ago but, when I do get the chance to either use one of my sister's cars, I do need glasses. =(

Anyway, I'm glad I did changed it and offered my own frames. I've been wanting to try this kind of frames especially when I found this particular one! It's not the ordinary style that most people have and I like it that way. And it's about time to have some changes hehehe.

So I barely got home from the optometry in Pasadena. I'm glad it wasn't as expensive as my last one. The total was around $194 including eye exam. I added some special things for my lens and didn't get the ordinary one. I got: Polycarbonate Lenses with Anti-Reflective coating. Last time I think I had the same thing with my previous glasses and it cost me about a little over $300! (It included the eye exam too) I can't wait to pick my new frames hopefully by thursday! ^_^

{{ Student Art Exhibition }}

Happy little me! ^_~

I'm really shy when it comes to my art, I think I don't have so much confidence or I'm really harsh on my own work. Like this quote said: "You are your own worst critic" and I believe I am since everytime we're doing critique in class, I think I mostly point out to the flaws in my work instead of presenting it or what my professor will say "sell it" to the class. So when I found out my landscape studies got in, I was so happy and felt really proud for myself! 
The landscape on the bottom was already published in our promotional magazine for our art dept. like 2 semesters ago. What sucks was, I didn't even knew anything about it since I don't turn in my works. I found out when my Illustration professor put me on the spot in class (he surprised me o_o lol) to show my work and he told the class how amazing it was and how it was in the magazine. What happened was, he showed many of his students' works, (and mine was included) to one of the faculty who was incharged of the magazine. I remember before he told me he really like my landscape study but, at that time, let's just say I didn't really pay much attention to it or didn't take it seriously? haha it sounded bad but, he's sort of hard to impress, in my opinion, so having him compliment some of my art is really a good thing for me! Yay! So when I didn't pay attention to that, I don't why lol!

So here was the outfit that I wore that day:



Crochet top: Ross
Olive green boyfriend ankle pants: Target
Gold sandals: Forever 21
Necklace and earring set: Mom got it from Downtown LA (I think in fashion district)
Large cream bangle: Forever 21
Hobo bag: Rampage

Now, I'm in my springbreak and I'm planning to finish some of my current art projects, photography class homeworks (& probably try the finals as well, the early I start the better) and finish some of my old artworks to turn in to another but, bigger art exhibition as it is very important since this time, your arts will be juried by prestigious professional artists. If they like it, it will be included to the art exhibit. So I preparing my artworks, making it better and presentable to hopefully get in and be part of this exhibition. It will be a great thing for my portfolio and resume as well! So wish me luck!

Have a wonderful day,
Lizzie <3

0 comments: