Saturday, December 25, 2010

Get inspired! Art is everywhere =)

              Last week, I'm so glad I attended the Art Center College of Design Grad show for 2010 as it got me so inspired and at the same time, got me a little bit scared. Why? Well, seeing all these students' artworks who are in the same stand as me (aiming for Bachelor's Degree), was both intimidating & inspiring. The artworks I saw were impressive and I was really amazed on how they already got their portfolio organized, ready to be shown to potential employers out there. I saw some of my Illustration classmates there and most of us have the same thing in mind (seeing their statuses in facebook when I got home lol!). Like my other classmates who attended the show, I began doing creative works right after I got home. From that day on, I've been continuously making new art (nothing big but, it's something) and it's just what I have been looking for. A fuel, driving force.. inspiration.. motivation! (As you can see, I got tons of their business cards or info cards, of those students whose artworks really amazed me, to check out more of their artworks from their blogs )
             It's been awhile since I got this inspired. I'm planning of making a large artwork either in Acrylic or in Oil painting. But, for now I'm doing small artworks or small creative projects. I started redecorating my room as I have the same decoration for many years now. I began taking down old posters, old designs and started creating new decoration. I want most of the decorations to be created by me so I'm digging old artworks to put up on my walls & I'm planning on finishing some of my unfinished artworks.
I got a owl sticker from baby gap and I really like the outline so I thought of putting a floral background for it =)

Creating support (frames) for artworks & poster I want to put up.

This is the artwork I chose to be put on the back of my Zune (mp3 player). When I finally received my zune, inside had a thank you card, small cards from the artist of the artwork I chose, & the poster version of it. The artist name was TADO. I really love it! ^_^
My nieces always give me their drawings & call it as a gift for me so I compiled some of them & put them up.

My Outfit//
Now, for my outfit on the Art Center College of Design grad show for 2010.


Bag: Zara
Pink top: Aerospotale
Denim Pants: Levi's
Sandals: Steve Madden
Necklace: Juicy Couture


Well, I wish everyone a wonderful Christmas and Happy Holiday! Hope all of you are having a wonderful time with your love ones! ^_^

4 comments:

Estefany @ The Helmet Head said...

Those were some nice pics!

Unknown said...

love it all thanks for sharing x

Motherhood bites said...

Lovely pics and lovely blog!! I follow you!
xoxo
Luna
http://pinkrockandfashion.blogspot.com/

lartijunkiez said...

@Estefany: Thank you so much!

@Kirstyb: Thanks and you're welcome ^_^

@Luna: Thank you!