Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Oh my kindle! Rekindling my interest for reading =)

 I got a Kindle as one of my mom's graduation gifts and I love it! Although, to be honest I wanted an iPad because you can download the kindle app in there, it has color, camera and much more. BUT! the major thing that hold me back other than it's so freaking expensive (lol) was that I already have my Macbook Pro. I felt I would be wasting my money (if I decided to save up for it), buying something way too much for what I need. Yes, it has cool features and all but, if I want those features I'll probably save up for an iphone or other cell that offers similar features.
Right now, I just need something that will make it possible for me to read anywhere with not much to bring. I tend to go for thick novels usually. Plus, I could go online with my kindle hihihi =) I'm hoping they'll improve its system soon so it'll be much better to browse around the web.
I actually checked out the Nook for Barnes and Noble. For a minute there I was about to return my kindle for Nook but.... after observing it in person, I said to myself, "What's the point, it has the same features as iPad (I think except for the camera)... I rather save up for an iPad" What also disappointed me was that it doesn't have 3G network yet. =( Yes, it is cheap compared to an ipad and it's so much like  it, it'll be great for other people who's looking for a somewhat similar features but, I would say, just save up for an iPad. (Probably if I don't have my macbook pro, I might purchase an iPad myself)
They might changed it in the future and add 3G network but, I'm ok with my kindle because it has that right NOW and shows that it'll improve even more in the future. (Plus the 3G service is free ;D

I recently purchased this wonderful item for my kindle because I bring my kindle to work and pretty much everywhere I go haha! I need something to protect it but, I don't want to have just protection, I also want some storage for other things such as paper, pens & cards. Plus, I want it to look chic so good thing I found this at Bestbuy for $39.99.

To conclude this whole thing, I think the kindle is great if you're looking for something that'll be your library on the go. If you don't want any other features, this is good enough. I'd say, do your research too, see which one will fit your needs. As you can see in the photo, I'm currently reading the Gossip Girl series. I think I'm getting attached to it because even before and after work, I'm reading it. My eyes doesn't get tired easily since it's not the same as looking on to a monitor, it has E-ink technology. So it looks like I'm reading on a paper and it's not backlit so it's easier to see under the sun, no glare from the sun. Since having the kindle, it has rekindled my interest for reading. I stopped for long time (reading for pleasure ) because I have so much things for school such as reading assignments, art projects, research and papers. And I love how it's so light compared to Nook, my gosh, that thing was heavy compared to Kindle.


 Lizzie<3 

3 comments:

Anna Bell said...

Hey honey, thanks for being my follower ! Im going to follow you too (; Great post by the way. xx

Juli Photo Diary said...

Absolutely great purchase!! congrats sweetie!!

Visit my blog at ♡www.juliphotodiary.com

Michelle's Style File said...

This looks great!

x
Michelle
www.michellesstylefile.blogspot.com